Amusement Park Attendant (Seasonal)
*Posting Date: 2022-09-30*
Company: Wonder Shows Ltd.
Business information: Wonder Shows is a travelling carnival that provides the power, the lights, and the sounds of a great outdoor family experience. We have amusement rides, games and concessions for all ages. In all these years of operation, Wonder Shows has continuously maintained a clean, family-owned and operated midway, travelling to major festivals throughout Manitoba. Safety at Wonder Shows plays a vital role when it comes to keeping customers and employees safe while enjoying the thrills of the midway.
Business Address: 25091 Hazelridge Road, Oakbank, MB, R5N 0E9
Work Location: We travel to various locations within the province of Manitoba.
Type of Employment: Full Time – Seasonal / 5-month contract
Estimated Start Date: Mid-April, 2023
- Assist in the set-up and tear down of rides, game tents, concession stands.
- Operate rides and amusements
- Operate game booth
- Perform routine maintenance and safety inspections of attraction equipment
- Assist patrons on and off rides
- Secure and release safety belts and bars
- Clean and maintain recreational facilities and grounds
- Collect tickets and admit patrons to travelling carnival and rides
- Oversee game activities and ensure safety or participants
- Participate in the upkeep of the overall appearance of the shows, rides, concessions, and games
- Schedule the use of recreational activities
- May drive trucks, vans, and other vehicles to transport amusement rides, games, and other attractions to amusement attraction sites.
- Education: Not required
- Experience: Experience is an asset.
- On-the-job training is provided.
- Any type of valid driver license is an asset. Class 1 with airbrake driver license is a very strong asset.
- Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities: Bending, crouching, and kneeling, Physically demanding, Handling heavy loads, Standing for extended periods.
- Personal Suitability: Excellent Oral Communication, Team player, Flexibility, Judgement, Reliability, Client focus, Effective interpersonal skills
- Work Site Environment: Fast-paced environment, Various locations, Outdoors, Noisy
- Work Setting: Amusement park
- -Language: English is required.
- Salary: $14.00 to $16.00 hourly, 40 Hours per week.
- First shirt and first hat provided
- Bunk houses are provided at no cost unless they are damaged
- Transportation from location to location is provided.
- Travel expenses costs are covered if workers need to relocate for the season.
- Workers are required to travel to different cities and towns within Manitoba. Workers needed for next season starting in Mid-April, 2023.
- Flexibility in schedule is required. The work schedule will vary. We work on weekends and possible overtime (extended hours) may be required. Work from 8 to 12 hours per day. Work on Monday, Wednesday, Friday (day and evening), Saturday (day and evening), and Sunday. 2 Days- off per week. (Tuesday and Thursday)
Apply by e-mail to: email@example.com cc: firstname.lastname@example.org
Apply by mail to: 25091 Hazelridge Road, Oakbank, MB, R5N 0E9
**Please apply with the subject: Job Application – Amusement Park Attendant